- Prayer and intercession spearheading the process
Prayer and intercession spearheading the process
- Prayer warriors to be part of city/town leadership and process
- Foundation of any city/town process
- Dealing with spiritual strongholds
- Prophetic insight
- What has God said about our place?
- Leviticus 26:4-12. ecological & economic health; personal, civil & regional security; prosperity; His presence
- Nehemiah 2:17. Rebuilding the walls of the city (Nehemiah Vision in Nelson Mandela Bay)
- Isaiah 65: 17-25. God describes Jerusalem as a rejoicing, joyful, healthy, prosperous, and safe community in which people find unhindered communion with Him.
- Jeremiah 29:7. A united, holistic, sustainable effort by the citywide Church to seek the peace, prosperity, and welfare of their city
- John 17: 20-23. “…so that they all may be one….”
- Zechariah 8: 4-5: People sitting and children playing in the streets
- Shalom: completeness, wholeness, health, peace, welfare, safety, soundness, tranquillity, prosperity, perfection, fullness, rest & harmony
- Biblical values in all spheres of society
- Piet Retief has started to pray and intercede for their town in 1999 which has resulted in the Mkhondo Prayer Network as a foundational building brick for the town collaboration processhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=17O81pHgxT3YBE7Q5CmmCI6gW1ieiR6Jg
- Nelson Mandela Bay has also started to pray and intercede for their city in 1999 which has resulted into the NMB Intercessors Network; in 2019 the Nehemiah Prayer Route of 200 km through all 60 wards was launched: http://tcn.org.za/nehemiah-vision-2/introduction-to-the-nehemiah-prayer-route/digital-nehemiah-prayer-route/
- In Durban there are monthly citywide prayer meetings, held on the last Thursday of every month.
- In Cape Town Global Prayer Watch is facilitating regular prayer summits drawing all the prayer networks in the city together https://www.facebook.com/globalprayerwatch/photos/a.495316093829039/3196186887075266/?type=3&theater